The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3) is a major UK engineering institution whose activities encompass the whole materials cycle, from exploration and extraction, through characterisation, processing, forming, finishing and application, to product recycling and land reuse. It exists to promote and develop all aspects of materials science and engineering, geology, mining and associated technologies, mineral and petroleum engineering and extraction metallurgy, as a leading authority in the worldwide materials and mining community.
Membership Opportunities, Award and Qualifications
* Register to become a Certified Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng), Engineering Technician (EngTech), Chartered Scientist (CSci), Registered Scientist (RSci), Registered Science Technician (RSciTech), Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) and Accredited Packaging Professional (APkPrf).
* Receive job alerts from the IOM3 website.
* New mentoring scheme available for members seeking professional qualifications and training courses.
* Access to unique new archive collection of published materials on materials, minerals and mining.
* Choice of free members’ magazines such as Materials World or Clay Technology.
* Numerous opportunities and events for networking – members will receive priority access and discounted rates for conferences and events.
* Benefits also available for young member and students.
Website and Contact Information
Tel: +44 (0)20 7451 7300 Contact for membership through the website.